About the position
Purchasing Manager Job Summary
Purchasing Manager is a supply chain and logistics professional specialized in ensuring cost-effective purchase of all materials and services as required by the procurement plan whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Purchasing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies.
• Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, materials, equipment, machinery, services and supplies.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims with suppliers.
• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
• Assist in developing negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
• Partner with internal customers to ensure clear requirements documentation.
• Monitor and forecast price and market trends to identify changes and opportunities.
• Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
• Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
• Assess, manage, and mitigate risks.
• Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors.
• Oversee the recruitment, hiring and training of new staff.
• Design, plan and implement sourcing and purchasing strategies.
• Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing; monitor the effectiveness of procedures; revise and improve purchasing processes.
• Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
• Determine quantity and timing of deliveries through system and specified parameters.
• Exercise sound and reliable discretion and judgment.
• Draft, review contracts, and modify terms and conditions; express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form.
• Perform tasks and duties as defined by the Director of Supply Chain Management.
Purchasing Manager Requirements and Qualifications
• BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
• 10+ years’ experience in the management of the procurement of materials/equipment/supplies and the development and review of contracts in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven working experience as purchasing manager.
• Experience with sourcing and vendor management.
• Interest in market dynamics along with a keen business sense.
1205 Gandy Blvd. N St. Petersburg, FL 33702
Please email resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org