About the position
VST (Value Stream Team) Quality Lead
Responsibility for leading Quality function of Customer Focused Value Stream Team. Implements in union with other team leaders the Value Stream Mapping system to ensure a safe work environment, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a qualified workforce, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements. Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual goals of the team.
• Managerial and/or supervisory experience required
• Work and Project management experience in a Value Stream required
• Process expertise in Logistics, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management required
• Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role (APQP, AS9102, IPC 620 and J-STD-001 experience preferred)
• Experience in ISO9001 required and AS9100 preferred
• Experience with root cause corrective actions (RCCA) required
• Education / Training on Value Stream Mapping, problem solving, 5-why, 8D, A3, standard work, etc.
• Ability to Train others
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written skills
• Strong Microsoft Office suite skills; specifically excel and power point and ability to create macros, pivot charts and other graphics
• Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills
• Able to operate with a sense of urgency and accountability
• Strong auditing and investigate traits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adherence to all company procedures
• Function as a participating team member
• Support Team in evaluation of Quality Characteristics of Product
• Update supervisor and system WIP status with progress to schedule
• Identify and correct potential problems. Lead corrective action, preventive action and continuous improvement activities for the value stream.
• Drive quality improvement projects via action plans and other quality tools
• Preparation and approval of Inspection and Test Plans issued to the shop floor for standard / stock products in accordance to specifications
• Review and approve customer orders as confirmation that quality requirements for customer orders can be met
• Ensure the QC Shift Audits of the production, NDT and testing / inspection activities continually meet product requirements.
Must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent green card holder
1205 Gandy Blvd. N St. Petersburg, FL 33702
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com