The A-620 Technical Training Committee has approved release of IPC/WHMA-A-620D training programs. Certification is not revision specific. Currently certified IPC/WHMA-A-620 CITs may purchase the Revision D course materials from IPC or from your preferred A-620 IPC Authorized Training Center.
IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certification Program
The IPC/WHMA-A-620 training and certification program has two tiers of instruction.
Certified IPC Trainers
Certified IPC Specialist
All IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified IPC Trainers receive instructional materials for conducting Certified IPC Specialist training. These include:
- A CD-ROM or digital download with full color teaching visuals (PPT format) illustrating every aspect of the IPC/WHMA-A-620D document and training information required for conducting Application Specialist training
- An Instructor Guide, (located in the “Notes” section of the PowerPoint slides) providing complete instructions for conducting the Certified IPC Specialist training and testing
- The IPC/WHMA-A-620D Requirements and Acceptance of Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies document
Certified IPC Specialist training materials, including online exams and certificates, may be purchased from IPC only by Certified IPC Trainers and the companies they represent. Certified IPC Trainers may teach the course at any location and set a training fee per the current IPC Training and Certification Policies and Procedures.
The term for an IPC/WHMA-A-620 certification is two years. Instructor certification and re-certification training is conducted primarily at IPC Authorized Training Centers but may be conducted by the training center at company facilities.
Purchase A-620 Standard
Some WHMA-A-620 Instructor Training Course Topics:
Revision “D” brings the addition of Wire Seals and Safety ties, along with an upgrade to graphics and more detailed photographs. Synergy between the JSTD and IPC 610 continues.
- Cable and wire dimensioning, tolerances and preparation
- Insulation displacement connections
- Ultrasonic welding
- Soldered terminations
- Crimp terminations:
- Stamped and formed contacts
- Machined Contacts
- Molding and potting
- Marking and labeling
- Co-ax and twin-ax assembly
- Wire bundle securing
- Over-molding of flexible flat ribbon
- Testing of Cable/Wire Harness Assemblies
OPTIONAL, CERTIFIED HANDS-ON TRAINING MATERIALS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
The NEW A-620D optional hands-on training has been developed to help users become familiar with the basics of cable and wire harness fabrication.
The Hands-on module is optional for the CIT and CIS. If a CIT wishes to teach the hands-on projects, the CIT would need to complete the extra, 1-day course and complete all the requirements of the projects.
The CIS hands-on training is modular and can be applied to the individual, modular sections of the CIS training. The CIS candidate would need to complete the lecture/discrimination module for his or her certification. Then the CIS candidate would complete only the portion of the hands-on project that applies to the learned material.
To find out more information, check the IPC Certification Portal or check with the Training Centers Directly.