IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certification Program
The IPC/WHMA-A-620 training and certification program has two tiers of instruction.
Certified IPC Trainers
Certified IPC Specialist
- A CD-ROM or digital download with full color teaching visuals (PPT format) illustrating every aspect of the IPC/WHMA-A-620C document and training information required for conducting Application Specialist training
- An Instructor Guide, (located in the “Notes” section of the PowerPoint slides) providing complete instructions for conducting the Certified IPC Specialist training and testing
- The IPC/WHMA-A-620C Requirements and Acceptance of Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies document
The term for an IPC/WHMA-A-620 certification is two years. Instructor certification and re-certification training is conducted primarily at IPC Authorized Training Centers but may be conducted by the training center at company facilities.
Purchase A-620 Training Materials Today
Some WHMA-A-620 Instructor Training Course Topics:
- Cable and wire dimensioning, tolerances and preparation
- Insulation displacement connections
- Ultrasonic welding
- Soldered terminations
- Crimp terminations:
- Stamped and formed contacts
- Machined Contacts
- Molding and potting
- Marking and labeling
- Co-ax and twin-ax assembly
- Wire bundle securing
- Wire wrap (solderless)
- Testing of Cable/Wire Harness Assemblies
OPTIONAL, CERTIFIED HANDS-ON TRAINING MATERIALS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
The NEW A-620C optional hands-on training has been developed to help users become familiar with the basics of cable and wire harness fabrication.
The Hands-on module is optional for the CIT and CIS. If a CIT wishes to teach the hands-on projects, the CIT would need to complete the extra, 1-day course and complete all the requirements of the projects.
The CIS hands-on training is modular and can be applied to the individual, modular sections of the CIS training. The CIS candidate would need to complete the lecture/discrimination module for his or her certification. Then the CIS candidate would complete only the portion of the hands-on project that applies to the learned material.
To find out more information, check the IPC Certification Portal or check with the Training Centers Directly.
Space addendum for 620B course materials is available!
(NOTE: The IPC/WHMA-A-620C Space document is still in the revision process. The working group expects to complete the update in 2017. When the document has been updated, the IPC/WHMA-A-620C Space Training will be updated. Until then, please continue to use the revision B and B-Space training for your space applications)